Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Nord Electro 2 by Clavia - Touch ?  (Read 2326 times)

Offline drooxy

• PS Silver Member
Nord Electro 2 by Clavia - Touch ?
on: June 01, 2004, 05:43:56 PM
Hi everyone !

Is there anybody on that forum knowing the Nord Electro 2 61 keys by Clavia ? If yes, could you tell us if the keyboard really looks/feels like an acoustic piano's one as the ad says... ?

Thanks in advance
Drooxy

Drooxy

Offline Trigi

• PS Silver Member
Re: Nord Electro 2 by Clavia - Touch ?
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 05:38:05 PM
The Nord Electro 2 neither looks nor feels like an acoustic piano, and it is not intended to. It is a synthesizer.

Offline peter_g_moll

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 03:17:51 PM
Dear Drooxy,

I visited the Washington Music Center a few weeks ago to try their Nord Electro II.  I was sorely disappointed.  The keys are only slightly weighted and that by springs.  It is no different, in other words, to the typical super-light synth action.  I think the term used, "semi-weighted", is an error on the manufacturer's part.

So the search for an easily portable weighted-action / hammer-action keyboard continues.

Regards,

Peter
Peter Moll

Offline zerozero

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 05:19:19 PM
I have played the Nord Electro as my main keyboard for 4 years its very good except the paino sound is unsueable - boxy electronic unnatural. I use it to slave my TruePianos on a laptop. I beleive the new stage 2 type techology is a lot better. For Hammond you have the sliders -essential really.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert