Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Alcohol makes you think you're practicing  (Read 5078 times)

Rob47

Alcohol makes you think you're practicing
on: August 28, 2004, 10:12:55 AM
Anyone 19 or over.

or legal drinking age in your country.

I a m hammered right now.  I dont now why i am posting...maybe just proving I'm human.....I feel like practicing...un fortunately mama nad papa are asleep.  I love Liszt..whyam I not liszt??  he's a gensius..you want to know a secret...i thinkg Bach revolutionized the piano as we know it more than Liszt.......i think I am going to read a history of western music until I puke.

my friends like rap music....actually here is my question....after a night of drinking and philiosophizzong iwth frineds why do they always convince me that rap is music too??  I mean I know it is...and they always get me with the fact that ",music shoud l instill emotin in the tlistener.."...help me take my arrogant friends down a levell!!!

am i arrogrant for tpying this post?

your (drunk) frined

ROB!!!!

I love everybody in this forum

your friend

Rob

p.s. kids under 16 remember that drinking is great for soiree's and such but drinking for the purpose of getting drunk is a useless waste of money.  Sorry for this post.  you can see what an ididot it makes you!!

Mozar't s requiem is ahead of it's time!

Offline Nana_Ama

• PS Silver Member
Re: Alcohol makes you think you're practicing
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 09:44:36 PM
eh....
what was the point of that... it has no signifigance
I scare people; people scare me; it's a mutual thing!!!

Rob47

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 12:39:46 AM
terribly sorry   ???

I feel better today.

your friend
Rob

Offline Antnee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 12:49:39 AM
Now this has to be a first....
"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." -  Stravinsky

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 04:15:01 AM
ah i've read many drunken messages in the nsw yr12 school forum. mmm drinking can make you say some funny things
'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy

Offline janice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 05:39:35 AM
mmm drinking can make you say some funny things

along with having done or said many things that you regret the day after :-[
Co-president of the Bernhard fan club!

Offline janice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 05:42:49 AM
How are ya feeling today Rob?!  Hungover?  LOL
Co-president of the Bernhard fan club!

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 01:50:49 PM

oh god don't remind me! :-/

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 02:12:42 PM

Like recording that MP3 of  Chopin’s fantasie-impromptu:

https://www.pianoforum.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=stud;action=display;num=1093755098;start=4

;D ;D ;D
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)

Rob47

Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 10:56:09 PM
Yes I had a terrible hangover Janice.   :'(

And to everyone who read by pointless rambling I'm sorry! it has probably made you stupider for having read it!

It won't happen again....pray it doesn't.

Hey you know what I noticed in that inebriated post? I actually did try to read a history of western music.  I found it in my bed when I woke up..

your friend

Rob

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 07:59:03 AM
HAHAHAHA!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rob, I havent laughed so hard since, well...I have never laughed so hard!!!! Get drunk again so we can enjoy your intoxicated messages!  Yeah! Start a new thread, we'll give you a new nickname "rummy", and you can type out your drunken rambling for us all to read!!

un fortunately mama nad papa are asleep.  I love Liszt..whyam I not liszt??  he's a gensius..you want to know a secret...i thinkg Bach revolutionized the piano as we know it more than Liszt.......i think I am going to read a history of western music until I puke.

hahahaha ;D It's going to take some huge sleeping pills for horses to get me to stop laughing over this!  I can almost hear your slurred speech... like Barney from the Simpsons!!
mwahahahahaaa!!!

donjuan

Offline steveolongfingers

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 05:22:35 AM
I have always been a proud supporter of playing any instrument completely sh*t faced.  Esspecially improvising, your  ideas just come out with out you thinking about it, sometimes, they happen to be in odd groupings you can only pplay when your drunk.  So too all you kids steal your parents liquoir and make sh*t up.  

J/K! ;D
Writing about music is like dancing about architecture – it’s a stupid thing to want to do- Frank Zappa

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 01:02:46 PM
I have always been a proud supporter of playing any instrument completely sh*t faced.  Esspecially improvising, your  ideas just come out with out you thinking about it, sometimes, they happen to be in odd groupings you can only pplay when your drunk.  So too all you kids steal your parents liquoir and make sh*t up.  

J/K! ;D

when you're overage please! i can't stand seeing kids who are like below 17 getting completely wasted and acting like complete morons it's incredibly degrading and everyone wil lose any respect they ever had for you. so kids don't drink in excessive amounts!
and that is my moral statement of the day.

Offline steveolongfingers

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: September 01, 2004, 10:19:04 PM

when you're overage please! i can't stand seeing kids who are like below 17 getting completely wasted and acting like complete morons it's incredibly degrading and everyone wil lose any respect they ever had for you. so kids don't drink in excessive amounts!
and that is my moral statement of the day.

Yup, it kind of sounded like i was endorsing underage drinking, i was being sarcastic, woops.

Yup you do many dumb things when your drunk, like ex girlfriends that cheated on you, and you swore never to talk to again.............
Writing about music is like dancing about architecture – it’s a stupid thing to want to do- Frank Zappa
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert