Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin etude 10/10 & forearm tension  (Read 3521 times)

Offline celticqt

• PS Silver Member
Chopin etude 10/10 & forearm tension
on: April 06, 2006, 03:15:15 PM
I can play it slowly with no problem, but as soon as I get up to tempo with the metronome, my right forearm tenses up like crazy and I can only get through about three lines of it.

I know there have probably been 1034 threads written on this subject, and I searched for them, but didn't come up with anything right off.  Could someone recommend a thread that would help me with this, or possibly give me advice?

Thank you!  ;D
Beware the barrenness of a busy life. ~Socrates

Offline cloches_de_geneve

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin etude 10/10 & forearm tension
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 04:36:24 PM
I have the same problem with 25/9 -- I am at ease with 25/8, no tension whatsoever, and when I get to 25/9, which everybody thinks is an "easy" etude, after only a few bars I get this pretty advanced tension in right wrist and forearm. The result is lousy sound control. The only thing I can do after 15min is to stop practicing 25/9 and resort to 10/11 or 25/1 for relaxation.

Please help, as I would love to be able to make this little gem sound as it should!
"It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it." -- Glenn Gould

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert