Piano Forum

Master Teacher Christopher Elton – Never Ending Impetus
With 50 years at the Royal Academy of Music and an international teaching career, Professor Christopher Elton has gained unique experience in how to coach accomplished artists. In this unique interview for Piano Street, Elton shares his insights and views on the big perspective. Read more >>

Topic: Forearm and wrist pain, what's wrong?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline anisiaelena77

Forearm and wrist pain, what's wrong?
on: March 11, 2016, 06:36:37 PM
In the last days I am facing a big problem, I'm having sore forearm and I can't play relaxed, I have a competition next week and I have to fix this as soon as I can. The piano there is very heavy and my repertoire is almost all in forte and requires great stamina and technique.  I am playing Chopin op. 25 no. 12 and from the third page my hands are getting very stiff, Sonate Beethoven op. 22 which is ok, and the Hungarian Rhapsody no. 6 with the finale octaves that gets on my nerves. I don't think that I'm using the wrong technique...
So, how to fix this muscle pain? Does one day with no practice would be useful?
And another question, how to play on a heavier piano? I found out that I get tired more easily and because the sound it's not really as powerful as I want I am doing a lot more effort.
Thank you! :)

Offline hardy_practice

• PS Silver Member
Re: Forearm and wrist pain, what's wrong?
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 08:54:50 PM
Whip a couple of these on.

B Mus, PGCE, DipABRSM

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert